Framework Contractor Water & Sewage Services
Pipefix work with Private & Public Sector Framework Contractors, providing specialist water & sewage services to complement the range of activities delivered by their own direct labour.
We hold £10m Public Liability Insurance and are registered with CHAS, Exor and Constructionline which pre-qualifies us for many Public Sector Framework contracts.
Working on your behalf of your client we offer a range of services which can supplement your existing service provision. We are able to install:
- Water mains and services from 25 – 300mm, in the appropriate material; mdpe, hppe, ductile iron, etc
- Water distribution systems – tanks, pumps, valves and meters
- Water storage tanks and reservoirs
- Water treatment systems; chlorination, UV, etc.
- Meters & automated meter reading systems (AMR)
- Sewage treatment plants, featuring systems to suit your client in terms of space occupied, treatment process used or final effluent quality
- Soakaways, Drainage Fields & Reed Bed Filters
Visit our Case Study page to give you a detailed outlook on what we do.
We can install complete systems from start-to-finish. Drinking water systems from the water source – your mains connection, borehole or spring through to the point-of-use. Foul sewage systems from your gullys and traps to the sewage treatment plant, sewage pumping station or connection to the public sewer.
Whether you need assistance to deal with an emergency or carrying out longer term remedial work we can help. Our service vans carry all the essential light plant, leak detection equipment and a range of fittings that enable our teams to find and repair (find and fix) leaks on most common sizes and materials of pipework in all commonly occurring surface finishes.
For less urgent repairs, on-going problems with a system or plans for rehabilitation we can arrange for one of our engineers to meet you to assess the situation and advise on an appropriate way forward.
- Leak detection & repair (find-and-fix)
- Water & sewage pipe repairs
- Pump inspection, service or repair
- Inspection, repair and replacement of valves, hydrants and stop cocks
- Pressure & flow problems resolved
As a trusted partner we offer you a comprehensive service aiming to deliver long-term value for your client’s assets. Our experienced staff are happy to advise and suggest the best ways of improving your systems to help you to make informed decisions on their future care and management.
We offer a wide range of services to provide you with all aspects of the design and specification of a new water or sewage system, including the complete design;
- Storage; reservoir, tank and wet well selection
- Pipe sizing; mains, drains and sewer laterals
- Pressure regimes; booster pumps and pumping stations
- Water and sewage treatment
Our complete service includes design, specification and detailing of systems. We are happy to work with you and other stakeholders to ensure that the needs of all users of the systems are addressed so that the system precisely meets the needs of the client. We can advise and recommend upon provisions for the future to accommodate plans for growth or disposals.
As well as system design our Engineer can provide guidance on specific needs concerning system performance such as;
- Water; poor pressure, low flow, leakage and wastage
- Sewerage; periodic blockage, surcharging, effluent quality, or smell.
We also conduct system surveys to map your services and produce detailed drawings or system schematics in .pdf or AutoCAD format.
Schematic drawings can be particularly useful in supporting your legionella risk assessments and are recommended within L8 (the approved Code of Practice for the Control of Legionnaire’s Disease) and HSG274 (the health and safety guidance supporting the Code of Practice).
Our servicing contracts are tailored to your asset portfolio and we have the resources to manage a single asset or several hundred.
Below you will find the different types of servicing we offer, from pumping stations to temperature checking.
- Regular inspection of septic tanks combined with an appropriately timed de-sludging regime significantly reduces the risk of blockages and sewage back-up, whilst delivering least-cost maintenance of the asset. Failures of the sewerage system are costly in terms of both management and operational time, as well as distressing for your client. Regular maintenance will also help to extend the life of an infiltration field, improving the value of the asset and deferring capital replacement costs.
- Regular inspection of cesspools with an appropriately timed emptying regime similarly reduces the risk of blockages and delivers least-cost maintenance for these assets.
- Regular maintenance of sewage treatment plants is an important aspect of their operation. Mechanical components that have broken down or operate below their optimum capacity will impair the performance of the plant, placing a greater impact on the environment and potentially leading to a failure of the Permitted standard for the site. When major failures occur this can often be combined with noise and smell issues and puts the organisation into conflict with the regulatory bodies, aside from the difficulties, time and costs associated with managing client expectations. We service and maintain all of the leading manufacturer’s package plants.
- Regular maintenance of pumping plant significantly reduces the risk of pump failure and improves the prospect of maintaining flows to the receiving sewer. Whilst pumping stations are designed to provide some storage it will often only amount to an hour or so of operation at the design flow of the station and so trying to avoid failures through regular maintenance is cost-effective. Station failure will usually result in sewage backing up through the system, which can be alarming for users, and there are the obvious risks of surcharge with its consequences for the environment and the challenges of cleaning up afterwards.
- Maintenance and inspection of water treatment plants is a key element of maintaining water quality. Treatment plants require inspection, and many items of plant can go out of adjustment over a period of time and so need checking to see that they are operating as required, with correction as necessary. Plant that feature the use of filters require the filters to be cleaned or replaced. Lamps on UV systems require changing and glass elements cleaning.
- We undertake inspections of tanks and reservoirs to check water quality, operation of mechanical components, cleanliness of the chambers and can advise upon the configuration of the tank(s) and storage volumes to best maintain the balance between the quality of the water stored and sufficiency of supply. We undertake cleaning and disinfection of all water storage vessels. An effective inspection, sampling and testing regime is a key element of L8.
- We conduct Risk Assessments under L8 (the approved Code of Practice for the Control of Legionnaire’s Disease) and HSG274 (the health and safety guidance supporting the Code of Practice). We also offer the full range of monitoring services: temperature checking, sampling, inspection. We survey water systems and prepare system schematics to help support your Legionella management.
Framework Contractor Case Studies
Pipefix exemplify great team work. From the guys in the office to the people on site they could not have been more professional or helpful.
Works Manager – Field Studies Council
Pipefix provided a professional, high quality approach throughout the entire project.