Whatever The Problem, We Will Fix It
100% success rate. Solution delivered every time.
Water Leak Detection
Our commercial leak detection teams have extensive knowledge and experience and put this to good use to achieve a 100% success rate – if you have a leak we will be able to find it and we will be able to fix it. We can also fix many leaks on the same day.
Using a combination of advanced pipe tracing and listening equipment, systematic testing and observation we can trace leaks in water pipes above ground or underground quickly and accurately with minimal disruption. Take a look here for more information on how water leaks are traced.
If the leak turns out to be under tarmac, concrete or even buildings our teams carry the necessary equipment to find it, expose it, make a repair and then put back (reinstate) the disturbed area.
Our leak detection equipment can be used in commercial and industrial applications, such as:
- Industrial process systems
- Underground water mains and service pipes
- Above ground water pipes
Please note: Pipefix do not trace internal plumbing leaks in domestic properties but we can trace and repair leaks on external underground water pipes.
When you call Pipefix you will speak to an experienced call handler who will take you through a set of questions that enables us to prioritise your repair appropriately. We try to gain as much information as possible in advance to ensure that time on site is a productive as possible. Typically they will ask you:
- How long has the leak been running?
- Is the leak causing a hazard?
- Are any vulnerable people affected by the leak?
- Is the water supply still useable?
Once we understand your needs and have agreed the response level with you we can instruct the most appropriate team to attend.
- Emergency ‘Find & Fix’ call-out team
- Non-emergency planned repair team
- Surveyor to find the leak and provide a quote to repair
- Just find the leak for me, I’ll fix it myself
Instructions can be sent from the office direct to our leak detection teams using a hand held device on the van. This enables them to respond quickly from any location and still have access to vital information before arriving on site, including:
- Site address and contacts
- Phone numbers and email addresses
- Maps, diagrams and directions
- Access protocols, codes or numbers
- Job description and notes
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Details of any previous site activity
We can trace and repair leaks in any material of pipe, including MDPE, HPPE, PVC, Copper, Steel, Galvanized steel, Stainless steel, Ductile iron and Cast iron. Don’t worry, we won’t expect you to know what material the pipe is!
Once the location of the leak is proved we will advise the best way forward, which can vary depending on the nature of the leak, the site and the requirements of the customer.
Typically we would carry out one of the following:
- Repair the leaking section of pipe permanently with a wrap around repair clamp
- Cut out and replace the leaking section of pipe
- Bypass the leaking section of pipe where the leak is proved to be impossible to access, or the section of pipe is beyond it’s useful life
- Make a temporary repair to get the site back in water and plan a replacement
The repairs vans hold a wide range of fittings to enable prompt repairs on all common pipe materials over a range of pipe diameters.
After the repairs are made the team are able to replace a variety of surface finish materials including tarmac, concrete, paving slabs and blocks, enabling you to regain use of site as soon as possible once we are done.
On completion of the works we are able to record a variety of completion information which is uploaded live to our system:
- Photographs before works, works in progress, identified problems and the completed job
- Materials used
- Engineers notes and recommendations
- Details of any follow up works required
- Customer signature capture
As the information is sent back to the office in real time we can issue live updates on the works enabling you to make informed decisions quickly, even while we are still on site.
As a Pipefix client you can request access to our Customer Portal, which will allow you to monitor progress of quotes, jobs and orders in real time as they progress. Contact us for a demonstration.
While we are on site why not take advantage of our expertise? Ask our engineers to advise you on the serviceability of your assets and help you to plan for future system improvements. Common problems can be rectified quickly and economically while we are on site:
- Replace damaged or worn control valves and stop taps
- Repair damaged chambers and covers
- Install or upgrade control valves and meters
- Trace and map services
- Produce condition reports
Servicing your water systems reduces the risk of failure, extends the life of the asset and maintains the up time meaning problems like leaks are fixed before they become a problem.
Take a look at our preventative maintenance services here, all carried out by our in-house experts.
Get In Touch
Let us know your problem and we’ll contact you to discuss it further.
Further to meeting with Mark this morning to walk and inspect the site, I hereby congratulate Pipefix ie. Mark Lloyd, Sheridan Hodges, Mike Pembroke, Tim Walker and Chris Appleyard on completing the work in the timescale allowed and on doing an excellent job under difficult circumstances. We will be giving you a call when we next have any work of a similar nature.